India is a country which is truly one with nature. The hauntingly beautiful beaches spread over the vast Indian coastline is ample proof of this. Serene yet tempestuous, the Indian beaches hold a part of your soul captive. Every Indian beach is unique, some tranquil and isolated while others teem with vibrant life. A sight for sore eyes, they offer you a virginal haven where you both lose and discover yourself.
1. Kovalam Beach,
Kovalam beach, Thiruvananthapuram
Located in the south-western tip of India, Kovalam beach is one of the best leisure options for people around the globe. A massive rocky promontory on the beach has created this beautiful bay of calm waters. An ideal spot for sea bathing.
How to reach Kovalam beach
- Air: Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) International Airport, 16kms.
- Rail: Trivandrum central railway station, 16kms.
- Road: There are frequent buses from Thiruvananthapuram to Kovalam beach. Taxis are also easily available.
2. Baga beach,
One of the most beautiful beaches in Goa, Baga beach is half an hour drive away from Panaji. This beach is popular for para gliding, wind surfing and other water sports.
How to reach Baga beach
- Air: Dabolim Airport, 50kms.
- Rail: Panaji railway station, 15kms.
- Road: There are frequent buses from Panaji to Baga beach.
3. Marina Beach,
From Fort St. George in the north to Besant Nagar in the south, the 13kms long Marina beach is the second longest beach in the world and the longest in India. The best time to visit the Marina beach is during the months of November to February.
How to reach Marina beach
- Air: Chennai International Airport, 19kms.
- Rail: Chennai Central railway station, 6kms.
- Road: Numerous local buses and taxis are available to travel to Marina beach.
4. Radhanagar Beach,
Havelock Island, Andaman & Nicobar
A calm spot far away from the clamour of polluted cities and towns, tourists love to spend time at Radhanagar beach for rest and relaxation. Activities to alleviate boredom includes swimming and surfing. The real splendour of the beach can be felt in between the months of March and April, when the spring blossoms.
How to reach Radhanagar beach
- Air: Veer Savarkar International Airport, Port Blair
- Sea: Haddo Wharf port, Port Blair
5. Calangute Beach,
One of the most popular beach in Goa, Calangute is also known as the Queen of Beaches. The most suitable time to visit Calangute beach around Christmas and New Year.
How to reach Calangute beach
- Air: Dabolim Airport, 50kms.
- Rail: Panaji railway station,15kms.
- Road: Frequent buses are available from Panaji to Calangute.
6. Varkala Beach,
Varkala Beach, Kerala
Varkala beach renowned for its silvery stretch of sand , natural springs and a long-winding stretch of cliffs. The beach is ideal for sunbathing and swimming. Catching a glimpse of the sunset during evenings are a breathtaking experience you will never forget.
How to reach Varkala beach
- Air: Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) International Airport, 50kms.
- Rail: Varkala railway station, 3kms.
- Road: Varkala is linked by state and national highways to all the major cities in Kerala.
7. Nagoa Beach,
The horse shoe shaped Nagoa beach is surrounded by coconut groves and palm trees. The beautiful silver-sand beach is good for para-gliding , water sports and sun bathing.
How to reach Nagoa beach
- Air: Diu Airport, 0kms.
- Rail: Delwada railway station, 19kms.
- Road: Regular bus services available from Diu city to Nagoa beach.
8. OM Beach,
The beach got its name because it is shaped like Hindu religious symbol ‘OM’. Tourists visiting OM beach can enjoy water sports such as surfing, skiing, para sailing.
How to reach OM beach
- Air: Dabolim Airport, Goa, 155kms.
- Rail: Gokarna railway station, 8kms.
- Road: OM beach can be reached by buses and taxis.
9. Dhanushkodi Beach,
Isolated and beautiful, the Dhanushkodi beach situated near the holy town of Rameshwaram. It is a wonderful experience to see the Indian Ocean and Bay of Bengal on either sides.
How to reach Dhanushkodi beach
- Air: Madurai Airport, Goa, 190kms.
- Rail: Rameshwaram railway station, 16kms.
- Road: Government buses operate along with share autos to reach Dhanushkodi beach.
10. Juhu Beach,
Known for its peaceful atmosphere and scenic beauty, Juhu beach is an ideal place for a scenic day spent outside. An ideal picnic spot, it is also famous for its local delicacies and street food.
How to reach Juhu beach
- Air: Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, 9kms.
- Rail: Andheri railway station, 6kms.
- Road: Juhu Beach is easily accessible by taxis, autos and buses.