Built in 1754 by Nawab Shuja-ud-Daulah, the son of Safdarjung, the tomb of Safdarjung commonly described as the "the last flicker in the lamp of Mughal architecture" lies beside the Lodi road, New Delhi, the capital city of India.
Set in the middle of a garden, sprawls over an area of 300 sq. m, the Safdarjung tomb was erected roughly on the model of Humayun's tomb. The tomb was completely built in red sandstone and buff stone and has two graves in it - one of Safdarjung and the other apparently his wife's.
There are beautiful pavilions on either sides of the tomb which are known as "Moti Mahal" or the pearl palace and "Jangli Mahal" or the Sylvan palace.