Golghar at Patna
The Golghar or the round house at Patna is a huge granary built in 1786 by Captain John Garstin. Alarmed by the famine in 1770, this granary was built to store granary for the British army. The spiral staircase of this massive building offers a spectacular view of Patna city and the River Ganges nearby. At time of its construction, it was the tallest building in Patna, Bihar state, India.