Convent of Santa Monica in Goa
Convent of Santa Monica is Goa's only convent for nuns and is acclaimed as the first nunnery of the East. The construction of this nunnery located adjacent to the Chapel of St. Anthony on the Holy Hill or Monte Santo started in 1606 and reached completion in 1627. The convent was the abode of around 150 cloistered nuns, called the daughters of St. Monica. The Museum of Christian Art, located earlier at Margao at Rachol, is now situated within the convent of Santa Monica.