Ruins of Bell Tower of Church of St. Augustine, Old Goa

Art & Culture
1147 Videos
1409 Views
Close

St. Augustine’s Church, once the biggest church in Goa and all that left today is the 46 m high bell tower. Constructed in 1602 by Augustinian friars who had arrived in Old Goa in 1587, the belfry is one of the four towers of St. Augustine Church that once stood at the site. Initially built of laterite and colossal in size, it had four storeys.

Topics: RuinsMonumentChurchOld Goa
28 Videos210176 Views