Fine Arts College, Thiruvananthapuram
Established in the year 1881 by His Highness Visakham Thirunal Rama Varma, the erstwhile ruler of the State of Travancore, the College of Fine Arts is a renowned institution in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of Kerala. Initially the institution was named as His Highness Maharaja’s School of Arts.
Later in 1957, it was brought under the Directorate of Technical Education and in 1975, the school was upgraded as the College of Fine Arts affiliated to the University of Kerala.
Today it is one of the pioneering institutions in Kerala and it offers Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) courses in three disciplines – Painting, Sculpture and Applied Arts.