Rava – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Food Color (Kesari Powder) – 1/2 Spoon
Ghee – 3 Spoon
Fried Cashews – 10 gm
Refined Oil – 3 Spoon
Cardamom (Crushed) – 1/2 Spoon
Method of preparation
• Put 1 spoon ghee in a frying pan. Add rava to this and fry till it becomes golden brown. Keep the fried rava separately in a plate.
• Pour 2 cups of water in the same frying pan and add 1/2 spoon of food colour into it.
• When the water boils add the fried rava into it little by little and stir well.
• When the rava is cooked and begins to solidify add sugar into it little by little stirring continuously. The fire should be turned down to sim while adding sugar.
• Add 2 spoons ghee and 3 spoons of refined oil into it.
• Finally add the golden brown cashews and crushed cardamom and mix well.
• Rava Kesari is ready to serve for breakfast or with evening coffee.