Ruins in the historical city of Bijapur, Karnataka
This video shows the ruins at Bijapur in Karnataka state, India. Bijapur is known as the treasure house of Islamic Architecture. The foundations of the city were laid by the Chalukya rulers. Its original name was Vijayapura (the city of Victory).
The city was conquered later by Allaudin Khilji. In 1347, it came under the Bahmini rulers. In 1481 the city was declared independent and was named Bijapur by Yusaf Adil Shah, and the city owes a lot to this ruler for its growth and development.