Upari Buruz at Bijapur, Karnataka
Upari Buruz, a tower of 80 ft. was built in 1584 by Hyder khan, for the protection of the town of Bijapur in Karnataka state, India. Hyder was the commander in chief of Ibrahim Adil Shah II.
This was intended for placing guns on top of it. Two guns are seen today, one of 30 ft 8 inches in length and of 22 tons in weight. The other one is a bit smaller. There is a ladder. But it is spiral.