The Imposing Thalassery Fort
The British East India Company built the Thalassery fort in 1708 to establish a stronghold on the Malabar Coast. It was the headquarters of the British. The square fort, with its massive walls, strong flanking bastions from which cannons could be mounted, secret tunnels to the sea, underground caves, and intricately carved huge doors, and is both an imposing structure and an architectural marvel.
The fort was once the nucleus of Thalassery's development. It is now a historical monument preserved by Archaeological Survey of India and a perfect setting for tourists to get an authentic taste of some local history and heritage!
Thalassery railway station is about a kilometer from the fort.