Moidu bridge and Dharmadam island
Moidu bridge, which links Kannur town and Thalassery was constructed by the British in the year 1931. Located at Dharamadam, it is on the National highway 17. The bridge is named after a former Member of the State Legislative Assembly, Mr. Moidu. A remarkable feature of the bridge is that it is made of steel.
Close to the Moidu bridge is Dharmadam island locally known as Dharmadam thuruth or pacha thuruth (green island). This five-kilometer spread lies across Ancharakandy river and is 50 meters away from Muzhappilangad beach. Full of palms and bushes, the island is located at the convergence point between the sea and the river. During low tide, one can walk from the island to Muzhappilangad beach.