- First Round Table Conference
- India Celebrated Independence Day
- Gandhi-Irwin Pact
- Protest On Bhagat Singh's Hanging
- Second Round Table Conference
- Gandhi To Attend Second Round Table Conference
- The Trip To Attend Second Round Table Conference
- Second Round Table Begins
- Speech Of Gandhi At Second Round Table
- Father Of Nation
- Einstein On Gandhi
- Read More ...
Gandhi to attend Second Round Table Conference
Now the deck is cleared for Gandhi to proceed to London to participate in the second round table conference as the Indian Congress Party’s lone delegate. There were some other delegates too, traveling with Gandhi to the Conference, but they were invitees of the government of British India.
There was criticism that such a large organization like the Indian National Congress sent just one delegate to the conference, even if it were a great person like Mahatma Gandhi. More delegates should have been sent, the critics felt. And it was proved right, as later developments showed.
While boarding the ship from India, Gandhi told those who came to see him off that there was every chance that he returned empty- handed. In fact he had to return to India empty-handed too. But his journey to London and his visit there became an achievement in many ways.