- Ashok Kumar, Hindi Film Actor
- Chhabi Biswas
- Dhritiman Chatterjee, Film Actor
- Dimple Kapadia, Bollywood Actor
- Lata Mangeshkar, Playback Singer
- Madhabi Mukherjee, Bengali Film Actor
- Meena Kumari 1932 – 1972
- Mohammed Rafi, Playback Singer 1924 – 1980
- Mukesh, Playback Singer, 1923 – 1976
- Nana Patekar, Film Actor And Film Maker
- Nargis Dutt, 1929 – 1981, Bollywood Actor
- Read More ...
Madhabi Mukherjee, Bengali film actor
Being born in the year of 1948, Madhabi Mukherjee’s original name was Madhuri. She was born in Kolkata in western India. Madhabi’s mother raised her and her sister Manjari. When she was a young girl, she gets involved in theater and acting. Soon she became fond of acting.
In 1950, Madhabi started her film career as a child artist in Premendra Mitra’s film named “Kankantala Light Railway”. In Tapan Sinha’s “Tonsil”, she was offered with her first female lead role in the year of 1956. In 1960 she was named as Madhabi by Bijoy Chatterjee, the producer of the Mrinal Sen’s “Baishey Shravan”.
Renowned Indian Director, Satyajit Ray selected her for his movie Mahanagar in 1963 film. This women-centered screenplay made her to choose lot of character roles in later years. The films like “Charulatha" (based on Rabindranath Tagore’s Novel), “Kapurush” are few of her best portrayals which took her to the peak of Indian cinema.
Rituparno Ghosh’s Utsab and Ritwik Ghatak’s Subarnarekha are the films milestones in her career. She also indulged in some of theater shows and as well as tried out the film “Aatmaja” as a director. She is married to Bengali film actor called Nirmal Kumar (Mukherjee). She gave birth to two daughters.