- Ritwik Ghatak, Indian Film Makers, Bengali Cinema
- Satyajit Ray, Legend Of Indian Cinema
- Ashok Kumar, Hindi Film Actor
- Chhabi Biswas
- Dhritiman Chatterjee, Film Actor
- Dimple Kapadia, Bollywood Actor
- Lata Mangeshkar, Playback Singer
- Madhabi Mukherjee, Bengali Film Actor
- Meena Kumari 1932 – 1972
- Mohammed Rafi, Playback Singer 1924 – 1980
- Mukesh, Playback Singer, 1923 – 1976
- Read More ...
Dimple Kapadia, Bollywood actor
Dimple Chunnibhai Kapadia is an Indian film actor who was born on June 8, 1957. She has starred in many Bollywood films and is famous for sex appeal, beautiful looks and challenging roles; both sexy and serious ones. She is the daughter of Chunnibhai Kapadia, a Gujarati entrepreneur.
Dimple Kapadia was introduced to Indian film lovers in 1973 when she appeared in the movie Bobby, directed by Raj Kapoor, the legendary film maker of bollywood. She was only 16 years of age at the time. She married Rajesh Khanna, a Hindi film superstar. Although Bobby was a commercial success, Kapadia left the movie industry to raise her children.
She later divorced her husband and returned to the movie industry in 1985 in the movie Saagar. She starred with Rishi Kapoor, her Bobby co-star.
The 1980’s and 1990’s were busy years for Kapadia; she played different roles in many films. Her role in Rudaali (1993) earned her the best actress award by the national Film Awards of India. Her role as an alcoholic in Dil Chahta Hai (2001) was highly praised. Kapadia starred in her first English movie, Being Cyprus, in 2006. Of late, she has opted for mature roles in films; either as a mother or grandmother.