- Gandhi Arrested – II
- Gandhi Suspends Satyagraha
- Massacre At Jallianwala Bagh – I
- Massacre At Jallianwalla Bagh – II
- Massacre At Jallianwalla Bagh – III
- Massacre At Jallianwalla Bagh – IV
- Disciplinary Action On Bose
- Total Independence Resolution
- Subhash Chandra Bose's Criticism
- Stafford Cripps Mission
- Partition Of India
- Read More ...
Massacre at Jallianwalla Bagh – IV
This brutal massacre of Jallianwalla Bagh was promptly followed up by the rulers by clamping martial law in Punjab, India. Massive arrests, floggings, other cruelties like issuing an order that the no Indian can pass a particular street except crawling on his or her belly.
Hundreds of Indian people were detained without trial. The people of Amritsar had terrible days and nights of fear for their lives. The army imposed strict censorships to news and information. Entering Punjab or moving out of Punjab was made difficult.
The Lieutenant Governor of Punjab justified all those terrible cruelties perpetrated by Dyer on the Indian people of Amritsar. And Gandhi was very much concerned about the happenings in Punjab.