- Gandhi In Calcutta - Part I
- Gandhi In Calcutta - Part II
- Gandhi In Calcutta - Part III
- Last Day In Gandhi's Life – III
- Last Day In Gandhi’s Life – IV
- Romain Rolland On Gandhi
- Last Day Of Gandhi’s Life – I
- C. F. Andrews Recommends Gandhi’s Visit To Punjab
- B. G. Horniman Supports Gandhi
- Amritsar Congress Convention
- Chauri Chaura
- Read More ...
Romain Rolland on Gandhi
What did Gandhi do for humanity? The moral influence of his teachings, especially that of the non-violent technique for fighting against injustice and unfailing adherence to truth and compassion is his sublime contribution to the world of discriminations, and religious and communal hatred.
What did he do to his motherland? He fathered the new nation, by winning freedom from the foreign yoke by the sheer force of his moral strength. He brought dignity to the human being by his various struggles in various areas of the planet.
“He began the greatest moral and ethical movement in the politics of the last two thousand years,” wrote Romain Rolland, the French writer on Gandhi’s contribution to human race.